1.惯用口语句子:
Could I have the check, please?
= Can I have the bill, please?
= Would you please bring me the check?
请给我账单,好吗?
check n. (餐厅的)账单,发票
Bill, please.
= Check. please.
请结账。
It's on me.
= Let me get it.
= Let me take care of it.
= Let me have the check/bill.
我来付钱。
This is my round.
轮到我来付钱了。
I'II pay for drinks.
我来付酒水的钱。
Be my guest.
= This is my treat.
= I'll treat you.
我请客。
Separate bills, please.
= We want separate bills.
请把账单分开。
We'd like to pay separately.
我们想分开付账。
How about going Dutch?
我们各付各的怎么样?
Let's go fifty-fifty.
咱们平分吧。
go Dutch“各自付账”
How much shall I pay?
= What's the bill?
我该付多少钱?
Please bill me later.
请过会儿开账单给我。
“bill”除了作名词“账单”之外,还可以作动词,意为“给…开账单”。
I'm afraid there is a mistake on the bill.
恐怕账单上有个错误。
mistake n. 错误,过失
I don't think the bill is correct.
我觉得这个账单不对。
correct a. 对的,正确的
May I have a receipt, please?
能开一张收据吗?
I'd like to have the invoice.
我想要发票。
receipt n. 收条,收据
invoice n. 发票
2.实用对话
Paying the Check买单
Brad: Let me take care of the check today.
布拉德:今天我来买单。
Lucy: Why? It's unfair. How about going Dutch?
露西:为什么?这样不公平。我们各付各的怎么样?
Brad: You paid last time because I didn't have any money, remember?
布拉德:上次我没有钱,就是你付的,还记得吗?
Lucy: Oh, come on. I almost forgot. Don't worry about it. I didn't mind picking up the tab last time.
露西:哦,算了吧。我几乎都忘了。别在意。我不介意上次买单的。
Brad: But you really should let me treat one time. I'd feel like I owe you one if I didn't.
布拉德!不过你确实应该让我请一次客了。不然我会觉得欠你一个人情的。
Lucy: OK. But it's only for this time.
露西:好吧。仅此一次啊。
Brad: What's the damage?
布垃德!总共是多少钱呢?